Whitehall Municipal Swimming Pool and Edwin F. Brennan Plaza
Office: 412-884-0505; Pool (seasonal): 412-881-3314
One of the finest places, if not the finest place, to enjoy a summer day in the Borough of Whitehall is the Whitehall Municipal Swimming Pool.
Conceived in 1956, dedicated in 1965 and most recently renovated in 2000, the Whitehall Pool and its adjacent Edwin F. Brennan Plaza are perhaps the busiest places in the borough during its warmest months.
The pool is typically open from May to September, while the Brennan Plaza is open year-round and features an outdoor stage, shuffleboard courts and gazebos.
The plaza and expansive swimming pool, which includes a diving board, children's wading area and concessions stand, are part of the greater, 15-acre Borough of Whitehall municipal complex.
The complex also holds the borough's police department, main administrative offices, public works department, public library and more outdoor recreational space.
The Whitehall Municipal Swimming Pool is open to residents of the borough only, and a paid identification card is needed for access. Some limited guest passes may be purchased though.
The pool also hosts some classes, such as water aerobics.
- Fax: 412-884-1160
- Hours: 2012 Hours: Sun and Holidays, 1pm - 6:30pm; Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat, 12:30pm - 8:30pm; Tue, Thu, 12:30pm - 6:30pm (all swimmers), 6:30pm - 8:30pm (family swim); Intermittent adult swim hours, as well. (Visit pool website for more info.)
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: May 29, 1965
- Parking: Free lot
- Features: Benches, Concert stage, Picnic pavilions, Picnic tables
- Services: Food/drink, Lockers, Restrooms, Showers
- Restrictions: No alcohol, No pets
- Features: Shuffleboard
- Facilities (playgrounds): Benches, Restrooms, Tables
- Private events: Yes
- Payments accepted: Cash, Personal Check
- Membership info: ID/pass required for swimming pool
- Facilities: Swimming pool
- Facility types: Outdoor
- Features: Food/drink, Lockers, Picnic areas, Showers, Vending machines