Saint Elizabeth of Hungary Roman Catholic School is run by Saint Elizabeth of Hungary Roman Catholic Parish, a Catholic community with a long and proud history of piety and service.
The parish rests at what has long been called "Sacred Acres" on Grove Place. It pays homage on its website to its great tradition by stating, "To read even a brief history of Saint Elizabeth of Hungary Parish is to know something of the mystery of God at work in the lives of those who have gone before us. Priest and people alike, they are the ones who put in place what we have today - buildings and the structure of faith."
Both the church and school offer an array of activities outside of mass and classes, all designed to provide Catholic guidance for its nearby residents. School grades range from pre-school to eighth. The parish also boasts a colorful, "old-timey" gymnasium with balcony seating and it even offers daycare services.
- Fax: 412-882-8320
- Hours: Office: Mon - Fri, 8am - 8:30pm; Sat, 9am - 7pm; Sun, 9am - 2pm; Weekend mass: Sat, 10am, 5pm; Sun, 7:30am, 9am, 10am (Saint David's Church), 10:30am, noon, 7pm; Weekday mass: Mon - Fri, 6:30am, 8am; Confession: Tues, 7pm - 7:45pm, Sat, 11am - 11:45am
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: Parish: Dec. 25, 1942. Main building: Aug. 15, 1967
- Parking: Free lot
- Public/Private: Private
- Religious affiliation: Catholic
- Denomination: Catholic
- Services: Child care, Choir/music programs, Study groups, Youth programs
- Recreational facilities: Yes
- Grade levels: P-8
- Features: Cafeteria, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Children's ministry, faith formation volunteer programs, youth ministry, young adult ministry and more
- Sports teams: Basketball, cheerleading, cross country, soccer, volleyball
- Uniforms: Yes
- Boarding: No