Good Shepherd Lutheran Church of South Hills (and Christian Preschool)
Church: 412-884-3232. Pre-school: 412-884-5960
The Good Shepherd Christian Preschool is run by the Good Shepherd Lutheran Church of South Hills. Although the church is a Lutheran organization, the preschool includes families of different Christian denominations and backgrounds. As a Lutheran organization, the Good Shepherd Lutheran Church of South Hills follows the teachings of Martin Luther, who initiated major church reform in the 1500s. Good Shepherd Lutheran serves the South Hills of Pittsburgh during its weekly Mass services while also offering a supply of other community activities such as its Human Care Commission. Good Shepherd sponsors a Ministry for the Deaf, typically during its 11am Sunday service.
- Fax: 412-884-3233
- Hours: Office hours: Mon - Thu, 9am - 3:30pm; Fri (Sept. to May), 9am - noon; Fri (June to Aug.), closed. Mass times: Thu, 7:30pm; Sun, 8:30am, 11am. Sunday school: Sun, 9:45am - 10:45am.
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: Organization: April 3, 1960. Building: Sept. 21, 1969
- Parking: Free lot
- Public/Private: Private
- Religious affiliation: Christian (including preschool)
- Accreditation/licenses: All Good Shepherd Christian Preschool teachers have attained at least a bachelor's degree in education.
- Denomination: Lutheran
- Services: Child care, Choir/music programs, Study groups, Youth programs
- Recreational facilities: Yes
- Age range: 2 - 5 years old (preschool)