(Scroll through the slideshow above to see images from the first half of , and watch for Part 2 later.)
Baldwin-Whitehall Patch Editor has visited eight of the so far on Tuesday, and every poll worker has told him essentially the same thing: It's been better than , but the turnout still leaves much to be desired.
Five people will earn on Tuesday, and one other person will earn a . Yet, despite sunny weather, area poll workers are reporting a low voter turnout so far.
Also to be decided in Baldwin-Whitehall on Tuesday are , not to mention a multitude of .
While no poll workers expressed happiness over the turnout early on Tuesday, some polls were doing better than others.
A look at the numbers so far at eight B-W polling stops:
- , 5200 Greenridge Drive: "36 people" as of 9:40 a.m.
- , 5001 Baptist Road: "86 voters" as of 9:55 a.m.
- Complex, 200 White Hampton Lane: "33 people" as of 10:15 a.m.
- , 10 Community Park Drive: "102 out of 1,494" as of 10:37 a.m.
- Lafferty Center, 330 Joseph St.: "89 in one district, 57 in the other" as of 10:58 a.m.
- , 3454 Pleasantvue Drive: "187 out of 1,446" as of 12:55 p.m.
- , 3344 Churchview Ave.: "208 out of 1,800" as of 1:05 p.m.
- , 3171 Churchview Ave.: "177 out of 1,345" as of 1:15 p.m.
Some of the more interesting things heard around the polls today:
- "It's been crappy."
- "It's been better than expected."
- "It's been worse than expected."
- "We have 660 voters listed, but about 60 of them are probably dead."
- "It should get better after work lets out. It better."
- "The weather is perfect."
Still left to be visited by Healy this afternoon are (in order):
- , 41 Macek Drive
- , 825 Streets Run Road
- (Auditorium Hallway), 4653 Clairton Blvd.
- , 100 Borough Park Drive
- Park Community House, 374 Knoedler Road
- , 4900 Curry Road
- , 5151 McAnulty Road
Stay tuned, and check back with the B-W Patch for results. Polls are open until 8 p.m.