DUI Checkpoint on McNeilly Road Results in Five Arrests
The , in cooperation with the Mt. Lebanon Area DUI Task Force, set up a checkpoint in 's 100 block of McNeilly Road early on Saturday morning, Sept. 24, in an effort to stop motorists from driving under the influence of alcohol.
Baldwin Township police arrested five individuals at that checkpoint on Saturday, including:
- Zachary Ostrowski, 24, of Highview Road in Baldwin Township, for suspicion of DUI at approximately 12:05 a.m.,
- Charles Greenwald, 23, of Skyline Drive in 's , for suspicion of DUI at approximately 12:25 a.m.,
- Jennifer Irwin, 31, of McRoberts Road in Castle Shannon Borough, for possible drug possession at approximately 12:40 a.m.,
- Willie Johnson, 20, of Hillsdale Avenue in Dormont Borough, for possible drug possession at approximately 2:02 a.m., and
- Ryan Fogarty, 34, of Lexington Drive in Lawrence, PA, for suspicion of DUI at approximately 2:18 a.m.
UPDATE: Johnson's charge was withdrawn on Nov. 22.
Non-Checkpoint DUI Arrest
On Sept. 24 at approximately 11:21 p.m., Baldwin Township police arrested Darrell Deiter, 27, of Woodbourne Avenue in Pittsburgh's Brookline neighborhood, with suspicion of DUI after a police officer reported observing Deiter illegally passing another vehicle while traveling west on McNeilly.
The officer stopped Deiter's vehicle and then reported observing him as showing signs of intoxication.
DUI Charge After Accident into Utility Pole
On Sunday, Sept. 25, at approximately 5:19 a.m., Baldwin Township police reported to the 500 block of McNeilly in response to a vehicle striking a utility pole there.
Police reported observing signs of intoxication from the driver of the wrecked vehicle—Joseph Rotunda, 23, of Biltmore Avenue in Dormont—and charged Rotunda with suspicion of DUI.