Should you take any weather-related photos, contribute to Patch by adding them to this article. Just click on one of the green "Upload Photos and Videos" buttons above! (Be sure to add a caption.)
The National Weather Service is forecasting that an accumulation of 1 to 3 inches of snow is possible for Pittsburgh's South Hills area today, Friday, Jan. 25.
There is also a chance of more snow this weekend, according to this Baldwin-Whitehall forecast through Monday morning:
- Friday—Snow. High near 21. Southeast wind of around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100 percent. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches is possible.
- Friday Night—Snow showers likely, mainly before 9 p.m. Cloudy, with a low around 17. West wind of 3 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60 percent. New snow accumulation of less than one inch is possible.
- Saturday—A chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a high near 26. West wind of 7 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40 percent. New snow accumulation of less than a half-inch is possible.
- Saturday Night—A chance of snow showers, mainly before 9 p.m. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 12. West wind of 5 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30 percent.
- Sunday—Partly sunny, with a high near 33. Light and variable wind.
- Sunday Night—A slight chance of snow before 11 p.m, then a chance of snow and freezing rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24. Chance of precipitation is 40 percent. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch is possible.
- Monday—A chance of rain, snow and freezing rain before 9 a.m, then rain and snow likely between 9 and 11 a.m, then rain likely after 11. Cloudy, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 60 percent.
This forecast, of course, is subject to change.
Follow local school closings, including any early-dismissal news, here: http://patch.com/A-1xPJ.
Please tell us about troubled road spots, and any other cancellations/delays, in the comments section below!
Sign up for the daily Baldwin-Whitehall newsletter.