You'd better bundle up this week, as bitterly cold temperatures are expected to move into the Pittsburgh region, including Baldwin-Whitehall.
Dennis Sims, a meteorologist at Air Science Consultants in Bridgeville Borough, told Patch this past week that he expected the bitter temperatures to arrive in the city's South Hills area on Tuesday.
Sims said that the middle of the week would have low temperatures in the single digits and highs in the teens.
That forecast was backed up by the National Weather Service. Meteorologists there are also forecasting 1 to 2 inches of snow on Monday with a slight chance of snow on Tuesday.
Here's a look at, roughly, the Baldwin-Whitehall forecast through Friday from the National Weather Service:
- Monday—Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 27. West wind of 15 to 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70 percent. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches is possible.
- Monday Night—Snow showers likely, mainly before 8 p.m. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 3. Wind chill values as low as -13. West wind of 16 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60 percent. New snow accumulation of less than one inch is possible.
- Tuesday—A slight chance of snow showers before 10 a.m. Partly sunny, with a high near 13. Wind chill values as low as -16. West wind of 16 to 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20 percent.
- Tuesday Night—Mostly cloudy, with a low around 1. Wind chill values as low as -13. West wind of 11 to 14 mph.
- Wednesday—Partly sunny, with a high near 17. West wind of 9 to 11 mph.
- Wednesday Night—A slight chance of snow after 10 p.m. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 12. Chance of precipitation is 20 percent.
- Thursday—A chance of snow after 3 p.m. Cloudy, with a high near 28. Chance of precipitation is 40 percent.
- Thursday Night—Snow, freezing rain and sleet likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. Chance of precipitation is 60 percent.
- Friday—A chance of snow showers, freezing rain and sleet. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 28. Chance of precipitation is 40 percent.
- Friday Night—A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13. Chance of precipitation is 30 percent.
This forecast, of course, is subject to change.
Should you take any weather-related photos, contribute to Patch by adding them to this article. Just click on one of the green "Upload Photos and Videos" buttons above!
And please tell us about troubled spots in the comments section below!
Sign up for the daily Baldwin-Whitehall newsletter.