The Castle Shannon Revitalization Corporation hosts the second annual Castle Shannon Fall Festival on Saturday, Sept. 28.
Festivities will take place from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Willow Avenue between Park and Poplar avenues.
Admission is free, and attractions include live entertainment, artisan crafts, local foods and children's activities.
A highlight of the festival will be its first Apple Pie Contest. Celebrity judges including Gretchen McKay, food writer for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, will judge amateur bakers' pie entries. Two pies must be entered—one for judging and one for the event's silent auction.
Also slated to appear at the festival:
- Burgh Man
- Center for Theater Arts performers
- Pittsburgh International Children's Theater
- a sheep shearing exhibition
- live Guitar Music by Evan
Crafts and Exhibitors:
- Castle Shannon history book signing, and historical exhibits
- Tree Buds (wood art)
- Children's book The Ganorch Under the Porch
- Kevin's Shop 'n Save Pharmacy
- Find ur Happy Place (hand-sewn gifts)
- Bellaccessoria (knit scarves and cowls)
- Franco's Pizzeria Italiana
- Mary Catherine Gregg (hand-knit clothing)
- Nancy Haines, Handmade with Love crafts
- Dr. Andrew Galioto (chiropractor)
- Going Home Greyhounds
- Pamela Lang (one-of-a kind bookmarks, journals, artwork)
- Jim Jenkins Lawn & Garden Center (live flowers, fall decorations, pumpkins)
- Jbird Custom Designs (fused glass art, jewelry, paintings, prints)
- Wondrous Luxuries (custom-made bath & body products)
- Designs By Samantha Pittsburgh (fun and funky jewelry for all occasions)
- Emma Christy and Ben Damped (knitted artwork and accessories)