The Baldwin-Whitehall Patch has partnered with the Baldwin Historical Society to bring you a weekly trivia question that delves into our area's colorful past.
Pat Lombardi and Patty Woehler, co-presidents of the society, generously write the questions and provide the pictures.
Here is this week's question, er ... questions:
This building was a grocery store from about 1900 until it became a tavern in 1937.
When it was a grocery store, it provided all of the necessities for the farmers and miners in its neighborhood.
Many area children would ride their wagons to the store to pick up orders for their mothers.
The tavern became a favorite neighborhood place for the men, and it is still in business today.
What is the name of this tavern, and where is it located?
Read other Baldwin-Whitehall Trivia Time questions here.
And find out more about the Baldwin Historical Society, which is always looking for new members to collect and research the history of the area, HERE!
Sign up for the (free) daily Baldwin-Whitehall newsletter.