Patch Picks: Places to Watch Caste Village Fireworks
The B-W Patch gives you another best-of list in a weekly feature.
The Baldwin-Whitehall Patch presents its weekly Patch Picks feature, highlighting editor and reader picks of great local businesses, destinations, services, organizations, ways to spend a day off and more.
Caste Village's annual Independence Day fireworks show is this Friday, starting at 9 p.m., so here are five great places to watch the fireworks:
- Cherryvale Drive overlook of Village Lane (Village Lane will be closed during the show, but if you're lucky enough to find room for your chair on Cherryvale, which sits above Village Lane, you're in for a treat.)
- Baldwin Community United Methodist Church parking lot (Caste Village's neighbor. Very large parking lot that is perfect for groups.)
- Right in the Caste Village parking lot (After all, that's the heart of it. If you can get closer to the Giant Eagle there, do it.)
- Weyman Office Plaza parking lot (Another Caste Village neighbor, just on the other side. And another big parking area. Part of Weyman Road is closed during the show, so get there early!)
- Caste Drive (Running perpendicular to Cherryvale, the aptly named Caste Drive is another great bird's-eye view of the fireworks. Caste Drive is a long street, but you'll want a place closer to the Daube Drive intersection.)
Here is the latest traffic alert for this year's fireworks event.
Enjoy the show, and check back each week for more Patch Picks!
Here are last week's picks, which featured five great places to buy gifts for Father's Day.