Murphy Makes The Washington Times' Worst Boss List
The newspaper analyzed a decade of Congressional pay records to find the offices with the highest turnover rates.
The Washington Times analyzed a decade of Congressional pay records to find the offices with the highest turnover rates, and it discovered that Murphy has a 42-percent average turnover rate, peaking at 64 percent in 2006.
Four other representatives had turnover rates higher than Murphy:
- 53 percent: Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, Texas Democrat
- 47 percent: Rep. Betty Sutton, Ohio Democrat
- 46 percent: Rep. Michele Bachmann, Minnesota Republican
- 43 percent: Rep. Jane Lakes Harman, California Democrat
- (tied) 42 percent: Rep. Tim Murphy, Pennsylvania Republican; Rep. Pete Olson, Texas Republican
Murphy won his sixth term as a congressman in November.
Sign up for the daily Baldwin-Whitehall newsletter.