Dryer Sparks Old Boston House Fire
The fire broke out Thursday morning.
A clothing dryer sparked a fire that broke out at a Whitehall home Thursday morning.
Whitehall police and fire departments responded to the home in the 4800 block of Old Boston Road when the fire call came in at 11:18 a.m. The fire was under control before noon.
Whitehall police had the road blocked at both ends while crews responded. The road was re-opened around 12:30 p.m., with the fire marshall and some members of the Whitehall fire department still on scene.
A spokeswoman from the police department said this was a common dryer fire that broke out in the basement of the home. She did not have information Thursday afternoon about damage to the home.
Baldwin-Whitehall Patch will bring you more details as they become available.
Sign up for the (free) daily Baldwin-Whitehall newsletter.