Baldwin Township Assault Charge Withdrawn
Also, an update from a February Facchiano Contracting break-in and more Judge Barton news.
The following results are from recent hearings held in the Caste Village office of Magistrate David J. Barton of District Court 05-2-17:
Baldwin Township Charges
- Baldwin Township police charged Raymond R. Marcione Jr., 34, of 3001 Jameson Dr. in Baldwin Township, with simple assault on June 3. Barton withdrew that charge on Oct. 30.
- Baldwin Township police charged John Chambers, 28, of Cameron, WV—and more recently, of Barbadoes Avenue in Pittsburgh's Brookline neighborhood—with breaking into a Michael Facchiano Contracting property on Feb. 1 and driving a stolen truck through a Facchiano security gate and onto McNeilly Road. Although Chambers is still undergoing a mental health court review, he has pleaded guilty to charges of trespassing, theft, receiving stolen property, recklessly endangering another person, criminal mischief, unauthorized use of a motor vehicle and driving without a license. He has been sentenced to 11.5-23 months of confinement and four years of probation. A burglary charge has been withdrawn.
- Baldwin Township police charged David Charles Kalmeyer, 31, of 1131 Dormont Ave. in Dormont Borough, with DUI on June 1. Kalmeyer's July 24 hearing before Barton was waived, and he faced that charge at the Allegheny County Courthouse on Sept. 6, where he was granted a Nov. 2 accelerated rehabilitative disposition (ARD) hearing. That hearing resulted in a sentence of 12 months of probation.
- Baldwin Township police charged Kristen Cuniak, 26, of Timber Lane in Jefferson Hills Borough, with DUI on June 17. Cuniak's Aug. 21 hearing before Barton was waived, and she faced that charge at the Allegheny County Courthouse on Nov. 7, where she was granted a Jan. 11 ARD hearing.
- Baldwin Township police charged Lauren L. Schutte, 23, of Ella Street in Pittsburgh's Bloomfield-Lawrenceville area, with DUI on Sept. 15. Schutte's Nov. 13 hearing before Barton was waived, and she will face that charge at the Allegheny County Courthouse on Jan. 3.
- Baldwin Township police charged Christopher Kasonde, 33, of Sleepy Hollow Road in Castle Shannon Borough, with DUI on March 24. Kasonde's Oct. 2 hearing before Barton was waived, and he faced that charge at the Allegheny County Courthouse on Nov. 19. His case will now be part of a Jan. 22 docket conference. That conference should result in the next legal step for Kasonde's charge.
Whitehall Borough Charges
Sign up for the daily Baldwin-Whitehall newsletter.